The Importance of Involvement
Research shows students do better when their families are involved at home and at school. Grades are higher. Test scores rise. Self-esteem grows. Schools improve.
PTA has been connecting parents to their childrens education for 115 years. It is the defining organization for parent involvement. See what it can do for you.
5 Great Reasons to Be Part of PTA
- Be in the know. PTA helps you keep up with what is happening in your school and how you can support your childs education.
- Access great resources. PTA provides information on topics ranging from homework help to bullying prevention to media safety to child health and more.
- Build relationships. PTA connects you to other families through meetings, events, and communications, and helps build a sense of community.
- Hone your skills. PTA offers opportunities for you to expand your skills and talents to benefit children and the school.
- Speak up. PTA can help you effectively suggest changes at your childs school and in your community.
The National Parent Teacher Association® (PTA®) comprises millions of families, students, teachers, administrators, and business and community leaders devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of family engagement in schools. PTA is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit association that prides itself on being a powerful voice for all children, a relevant resource for families and communities, and strong advocate for public education. Membership in PTA is open to anyone who wants to be involved and make a difference for the education, health, and welfare of children and youth.