What is the Swigert PTA?
A non-profit organization that expects to raise more than $250,000 this year, the Swigert PTA helps to fund programs and provide supplies that the school could not otherwise afford.
This money supports our IB program including paying for the IB coordinator and Spanish teacher’s salaries as well as IB training for teachers and our IB dues. We are also funding P.E., Art and Music teachers’ classroom budgets, para professionals who keep our class sizes small and other school-related efforts.
To the support IB (International Baccalaureate)
program, high academic standards and a positive learning environment at our
school through educational and social programs, parent outreach, and community involvement.
Swigert PTA Vision
To make every child’s potential a reality by:
- Supporting the IB (International Baccalaureate) Program
- Helping to provide a strong educational and learning environment for students by
keeping student-teacher ratios low
- Maintaining a strong membership and good relationships with teachers and each other
through effective communication, planning, documentation, and training
- Having visibility and a voice in the community
- Providing financing for our goals through fundraising, planning and the financial/strategic flexibility
to adjust to outside factors
How Do I Get Involved?
We rely on volunteers, and we always need new members to contribute ideas and help
plan and execute events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about