Swigert International School Invites you to S.O.A.R.!
As you may know, public schools just don’t receive all the funding necessary to build outstanding schools. Now more than ever, we need your help!
Raise $200,000 for the 2016-2017 School year
By the NUMBERS
- Colorado spent $1,872 less per pupil than the national average, continuing a 25-year slide in national competitiveness. [ Great Education]
- $0 Colorado’s annual direct state funding for professional development and teacher
mentoring and induction programs [Ed Week, 2010 Quality Counts]
- 43rd in per pupil spending adjusted for regional cost differences [Ed Week, 2014 Quality Counts, 2010-11 data]
- 40th in median student-teacher ratio in primary level schools [Ed Week, 2012 Quality Counts, 2009-10 data]
- 41st in technology in our schools. [Ed Week, 2009 Technology Counts]
- 44th in teacher salaries as a percent of pay in comparable professions. [Ed Week, 2012 Quality Counts, 2009-10 data]
- The Graph that Says it All
- For more information – http://www.greateducation.org/
Where does YOUR money GO?
- IB (International Baccalaureate) program
- IB Dues ($10,000 a year)
- IB coordinator and Spanish teacher’s salaries
- IB training for teachers
- Improving the student-teacher ratios by having paraprofessionals in Kindergarten and 1st grade classrooms
- Funds “specials” programs not provided in the DPS budget including Art & Music.
- Give our children the extras they need to be successful learners.
Donations benefit YOU too!
All donations are tax-deductible! That’s right, we are a 501-c not for profit organization, so save your receipts!
PTA fundraising provides the additional programming, services and personnel that
allow our students to thrive. Support your school by participating in the following opportunities:
- Direct Giving Parties
- Auction -Save the Date for this year’s auction! Saturday, March 19, 2016
- Dine and Donate
- EDUKits (School Supplies)
- PTA Memberships – Join at our next meeting (See the Calendar for details)
- King Soopers Cards & Target Red Cards
- Original Works – Art
- Scholastic Book Sales
- Spirit Wear
- Box Tops for Education
- Mile High High United Way provides financial support through the Annual Workplace Campaign. This program allows employees to direct their United Way contribution to the nonprofit organization of their choice. Please indicate that you would like your contributions given directly to the SMIS PTA. For more information on this program, please visit: www.unitedwaydenver.org
Ways to DONATE NOW
DONATE NOW set up recurring monthly payments or a one-time donation.
OTHER WAYS to GIVE
Visit Volunteer Opportunities
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Write a Check
Or set up monthly recurring checks from your bank’s bill-pay feature addressed to:
3480 Syracuse Street
Denver, CO 80238
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!