To donate an item or experience for the auction, please go to www.swigert.givesmart.com and click on “Donate an Item Now”
Why do we have an auction?
- To raise money! Because of our incredible IB program, we must go above and beyond our district resources to cover our dues to the IB organization, pay for additional positions that are needed to ensure our excellent curriculum and a foreign language is taught to our students, and incorporate additional teacher training in order to help our teachers fully embrace the IB methods. 100% of the proceeds from the auction go directly to help support Swigert throughout the year.
- It is super fun! What better way to meet and interact with fellow parents and the Swigert staff! Come and enjoy good food, a drink or two and dance a little!
- Shop for a cause! It is a chance to purchase some really cool stuff while supporting our school.
When and where is the auction?
The 2020 auction will be held at The Hanger @ Stanley located in the Stanley Marketplace in Aurora (2501 Dallas Street, Aurora CO 80010) on Saturday, March 7, 2020 from 6:00 pm – 10:30 pm.
How do I purchase tickets and what is the cost and what is included?
A ticket to the auction includes AMAZING food from Comida, Maria Empanada, Mondo Market, and Rolling Smoke along with an open bar with beer, wine and cocktails plus some fun music and dancing. Tickets are available now! Buy your tickets online by clicking here www.swigert.givesmart.com.
- Early bird pricing is available through February 21st at $60/person.
- Prices increase to $75/person on February 22nd.
- You may also purchase your tickets at the door for $80/person.
What about parking?
If you choose to drive to the event, there is free parking at the Stanley Marketplace. Please remember to be responsible as you enjoy the evening! You can also take advantage of the many rideshare options and enjoy the open bar with a peace of mind.
Walking or Biking is also an option… it is so close!
What do I wear?
The dress code for the auction is simple – wear what you would like! There will be people in everything from jeans, to cocktail attire, to themed attire. The most important thing is for you to be you and to have fun!
What can I expect during the event?
Open Bar throughout the night
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Food stations and bars open
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm Silent Auction and Entertainment, wine pull and gift card pull tables open
8:00 pm – 8:40 pm Live Auction and Teacher/PTA appreciation
(Bars will temporarily close during the program)
8:40 pm – 10:30 pm Bars reopen, Music and Dancing
9:00 pm Silent Auction Closes
10:30 pm Keep the night going!
To start the night off, we will have food from Comida, Maria Empanada, Mondo Market, and Rolling Smoke available in addition to beer, wine, and vodka cocktails at the 2 bars.
A bidder number will be assigned to you when you register and purchase your tickets. The Silent Auction will go live before the actual event – once you have registered, you will receive a text when you are able to start bidding. It is great way to review all the items up for bid as well as lock in your items you want to pursue. You will be notified via text each time you have been outbid on an item and will then have a chance to bid again. All of this can be done while you are visiting with friends and enjoying the party. Because you are able to bid on items remotely from your phone, you do not have to physically be standing in front of the item you are bidding on!
We will also have a Live Auction! The live auction will have unique experiences up for bid and is very fast paced! Gary Corbett, one of the country’s premier fundraising auctioneers, will be returning this year to guide us through auctioning off our larger items as well as donations that directly benefit a specific need at Swigert.
What can be purchased at the auction?
Some examples include:
Class Baskets – Each class puts together a basket with a specific theme. These baskets turn out amazing! Basket themes include: Legos, American Girl Doll, Golf, Gardening, Wine & Cheese, Stock your Bar, etc.
Buy a Share Events – These are parties or gatherings donated by families and teachers where you can purchase a spot to attend at a flat rate. Examples of these parties include class movie night with your teacher or parties for adults. Spots are very limited and go quickly! Bid early!
Silent Auction Items – There will be a variety of silent auction items available. Some examples include wine, gift certificates, home spa parties, tickets to events, gift cards to restaurants, memberships to gyms, the zoo and much more!
Live Auction Items – Live auction items are generally the larger ticket or one-of-a-kind items. Items auctioned in previous years have included vacations, reserved parking spots at Swigert, chef made dinners and much more!
What can I do to help?
- Donate! It doesn’t hurt to ask everyone you know! It is great way for local businesses to gain free advertising as well as a tax deduction. Please bring in your donations to the front office by February 21st.
- Buy your ticket today! Click here (www.swigert.givesmart.com) to purchase. Enjoy early bird pricing through February 21st.
- Volunteer. This event does not just happen – it takes a great team of parents to help put all this together. Come volunteer – bring a friend, meet a friend! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help!